Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Affordable Decorating

Last week the kids and I decided that we would create our very own Halloween decorations. We put our engenious heads together and came up with paper-plate decorating because that seemed to be what we had the most of in our house.
This was so much fun and I recommend that you all try it.
The directions are as follows:
1. As many paper plates as you plan to use
2. Print out simple Halloween clip art (without many lines)
3. Dark paint, doesn't matter what color because you are going to paint over it
4. Black spray paint
5. White acrylic paint
Cut out clip art (use as a stencil) paint clip art to plate (using it as glue basically), after paint has dried completely, spray paint entire plate, once dry, remove stencil, you will probably have to paint where the stencil was, I chose to paint mine white....be creative and have a spooky good time.

The other pictures of Kyle after he dressed himself in his favorite clothes. No, he did not match but he was so proud of himself. He found yet another worm but fortunately for the worm, he released him to find "Mommy worm".
To explain the picture of Heath, he convinced me that he could drive so I decided to let him show me. He backed out of the garage and drove down the driveway, around the culdasak and back up the driveway. He did an excellent job! My baby is growing up way too quickly.
God Bless

2 comments:

The Vickers Family said...

The black plates are really perfect with your orangish wall.

Tiffany said...

Love this idea, girl! You so crafty! (hee-hee!) No really, too cute- and I'm stealing it for my play group! I miss you so much! It was so good to talk to you this morning. Hug and kiss the babies for me!~Blessings